What's Cooking Wednesday-Sweet and Spicy Honey Grilled Shrimp

Sweet and Spicy Honey Grilled Shrimp
with Coconut Rice and Egg Drop Soup

    This was one of my pinterest finds, and it got my family's thumbs up.  Thanks to 'Our Best Bites' for the Sweet and Spicy Shrimp and the Coconut Rice.  Thanks to my husband for the egg drop soup guidance.

I didn't alter the  shrimp recipe much.  
  • I substituted dried ginger for fresh ginger
  • Instead of putting the shrimp on skewers, I used this wonderful grill pan my husband bought me at World Market.

I didn't altar the rice at all, surprisingly the family loved it.  Don't be afraid it definitely is a compliment to the shrimp.
    The eggdrop soup is simple.  I use chicken broth (sometimes diluted with water) in a saucepan.  I add either green onions or diced yellow onions, which ever I have.  Then, I whip up a few eggs and drop them in the boiling broth.  It is a great addition to any meal!  Oh yeah, and some fresh ground pepper to taste.

Get Cookin
Lori

     


Comments