Valentine Treats & Box 2013-Rockin Valentines

He's a Jukebox Hero...


     I can't get that song out of my head, ever since my daughter and I spent Saturday building her Valentine Box.
    My daughter first chose the valentines she wanted to share with her class.  She settled on these cute pop rock valentine's inspired by 'a small snippet'.
     She changed her saying to "You Rock My World Valentine".  We found the Pop Rocks at the Dollar General store.  While there, we purchased the gift bags to put them in, and tissue paper to use on our box.
     She wanted to stay with the 'rockin' theme for the box, and had the great idea of a jukebox.
    We created the shape from a cereal box and some scrap cardboard.  We worked as a team on the modge podgeing (is that a verb?).  I  don't know about anyone else, but when I modgepodge, (is it a compound word) watch out, it is everywhere.  We built up the edges with cardboard scraps and contrasting tissue paper.  The silver stripes are the twist ties that came with the gift bags, Ha! My daughter created the decals on the front on the computer, and of course she had to add the bling.



I got stars in my eyes,
Lori 




Comments