Getting down on the farm for a country wedding



The happy couple, Shelbie and Matthew.
Love this engagement picture taken by the couple's very talented friend Meredith.
 I just got home from a two week vacation in Virginia which included attending my niece Shelbie's wedding.  She married a fourth generation dairy farmer, a fine upstanding young man from Rural Retreat, Virginia.  Shelbie and my sister have been busy creating the perfect down home country wedding so I thought I would feature some of their handiwork.  The reception was held at the family farm in an old schoolhouse which stored a treasure trove of unique country accessories which will be featured in other posts.  One of my favorite decorations was the chandelier made out of a hula hoop and tulle, so fun and easy to make, learn how here. Our version was wrapped with masking tape and then tulle instead of lace. 

Check out my other posts coming soon, somehow I was having formatting issues so I am doing multiple posts:)



Comments

  1. Great idea. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment and invite,just finished linking up. Summer is over and I am back to work,so just now responding to your e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen,
    So Beautiful. I really love these lights. It must have been beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/tangerine-toner-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    Hope to see you there. It is open until Sunday night.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment