French Country Look for Less

      I love the look of French country linen but not the price! While searching for inspiration, I found these two fabric pieces on ebay, one was priced at $255 dollars, yikes!  I actually found the red striped bag at Goodwill for two bucks and knew it would make the perfect planter to sit on my old park bench.  I wanted to age it a bit and tone down the red so I soaked it in a coffee bath for a couple of hours.  Coffee staining is very easy, I just brewed about eight cups of strong coffee, poured it into a plastic bucket, filled up the bucket with water and added the bag.  The rope handle did turn a little pink so I cut it off and added a burlap one made from scraps from my last project, having a field day with burlap.    

Comments

  1. Great find and clever re-use! It is amazing with a good eye and creativity can do. It boggles my mind that someone might pay so much for those ebay pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, I agree about mind boggling prices, that's why my favorite place to shop is Goodwill:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought of using a bag for a planter - great idea! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. it IS a clever idea. Love it on the bench like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, it makes a great focal point and draws attention away from a neglected corner! a little sad, garden was hit by major hail this week, hoping things will perk up soon...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment