Valentine's Boxes

Valentine's Boxes

2012 Love Bug Valentine Box

    My memories of Valentine's Day, include the creation of the Valentine Box.  I have wonderful memories of sharing time with my mom creating these boxes in elementary.  



2012 Icee Valentine Box
    When my kids became school aged, I couldn't wait to share that experience with them.  We have had a blast and a challenge creating them over the years.  Some of our most memorable
  1. Alien spaceship (probably our best designed)
  2. Locker (pictured below)
  3. Cupcake
  4. Castle (the kindergarten teachers had a castle theme every year)
  5. Ipod
  6. Spongebob
  7. Toilet (probably our most unusual)
  8. Heart with an Arrow
  9. Rocket
  10. Lovebug (pictured above)
  11. Icee (pictured above)
  12. Football Field (pictured below)
2009??Locker Valentine Box
2009?? Football Valentine Box
  













   This year is bittersweet as we prepare for Valentine's Day.  My youngest is in 4th grade, therefore, only 2 more Valentine's Days and boxes.  My boys are both in middle school now, sometimes I miss my babies.  They are growing up too soon! ........
      Sorry, enough tears, on to our plan this year.  R and I have already started researching and have a master plan for her Valentine's, as well as, her box.
      Pretty sure she wants to do 'you rock valentine' as her Valentine's, thanks to 'a small snippet' for her post.
     And staying with that theme, she wanted to do a jukebox for her box.  We had difficulty getting any examples when we were doing our research, but we did find the image below.  Thanks to 'Sweeten Your Day Events' and her cake image, I think we have a plan.
     Stayed tuned for updates on our journey, and hopefully pics of the final results.

**update:  click here to jump over to our finished box & treats.
Happy Valentine's Day
Lori



Comments

  1. All of these ideas are so adorable...it makes me sad to think my boy will grow out of these fun days too soon!! :(

    Just wanted to let you know that I included your icee cup in a collage I put together on my blog about Valentine's Day boxes for boys!

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Nicole

    http://fakeitandyoullmakeit.blogspot.com/2013/02/boys-valentine-box-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked the ideas and thanks for including the Icee cup in your post, loved seeing it and all the other ideas you had. This is my first time to be featured on someone else's blog, so exciting.

      Delete
  2. These are so fun. I totally just stole the locker idea from a picture on pinterest of yours. Thanks for saving my bacon...the boy child came home and told me that not only had his party moved up a day but "oh yeah, I need to decorate a box for tomorrow too!" haha! I would love to see pictures of your other boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more pictures to share! The pictures of the boys are old,lucky I even found them, they are about 4 or 5 years old

      Delete

Post a Comment