While doing some in depth cleaning earlier this year in the boys room, I noticed their curtains were bleached by the sun and worn out. Their room has never had a theme or personality, and I have been wanting to change that. So I jumped in with both feet and broached the subject of change (naughty word in our house)!! J, my oldest, FREAKED out, so did his dad, hmmmmm the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. W my middle child, embraced the change and took a more active role. I threw out several themes and ideas and we settled on a compromise, no new wall color, just new bedding, curtains and shower curtain.
Therefore, I started with their shower curtain. I love to make custom shower curtains from flat sheets. For several years it was difficult to find just the flat sheet, but luckily my local Wal-Mart (no they are not paying me to say this) carries flat sheets.
I hung the shower curtain with clips, marked with chalk, trimmed, and hemmed. I took my time, pinned and ironed before sewing. My home-ec teacher would be so proud of me.
I used grommets for my holes, patience and a hard surface are needed. In the past I have used button holes, but like the finished look the grommets give.
I hung the shower curtain on the garage door with magnets, measuring and pulling it tight. I projected my jaguar using my laptop and a projector. I just painted the jaguar using FolkArt paint in Inca Gold, straight on the fabric.
I hung it for the picture, but will not show the boys until I do the room reveal. I am really happy with how it turned out, and I think the boys will be too.