Ombre Crazy

I went ombre crazy! 
Love the ombre look, so of course I jumped in with two feet.  My first attempts turned out okay.
The denim shirt was an old one over-sized men's shirt I had in my closet. I re-sized it to fit me and then dyed it with RIT navy die.  It is hard to tell in the picture but it has a lavender/purple hue.  Love the long length of the denim shirt, sleeves ended up to short so I just roll them.  The striped shirt was actually my daughters, white and pink striped shirt.  She loves purple, so when my shirt turned out that way, I dipped hers too.  You may not be able to tell, but the color bled when washed. so now they both have a lavender hue all over.  The skirt was something I picked up at the thrift store.  Haven't washed it yet, afraid it will bled.  A friend mentioned you can set the dye with vinegar, may try that.
Link to the shirt resize and ombre dye.
Ombre Success!
Picked up a pair of capri pants at the thrift store.  I was hoping for the boyfriend look, so I picked up a size too big.

This time I used bleach for my ombre look.  I put a healthy amount in a bucket with water.  Dipped the ends in and set a timer for 10 minutes.  When the timer went off, I lowered them and set the timer again.  I lowered them one more time, then rinsed and washed.  Afterwards, I sewed two darts in the back on either side of the middle belt loop.  Otherwise I am not sure I would be able to keep them up.  I LOVE how they turned out.
Lori

Comments