What's Cooking Wednesday-Homemade Chicken Noodle-FAST

Homemade Chicken Noodle (the fast way)
     My family LOVES chicken and noodle soup.  If they are lucky, I stew a chicken and make home made noodles.  But.....if it is a week night, game day, practice night, conference night.......(insert any of the miriad of activities here), we take shortcuts.
     Ingredients:
  • rotisserie or grilled chicken, bones removed
  • chicken broth
  • carrots
  • celery
  • onions
  • Reams frozen egg noodles

     Throw your chicken in a stock pot, dump a 32 oz jug of broth in, water, diced onions, carrots and celery, salt and pepper to taste.  Bring to a boil and continue to simmer.  30 minutes before dinner, throw in your noodles and continue simmering.  If it is too soupy for your taste add a little cornstarch with water.

 I have a hard time paying for the rotisserie chicken, it just seems lazy and not nearly thrifty enough for me.  I buy my boneless, skinless chicken breasts in bulk.  When I grill them, I ALWAYS fill the grill.  Then I dice or shread the extras to freeze for those quick meals.  Check out my best grilled chicken post.
Dinner is served
Lori

Comments