What's Cooking Wednesday-Christmas Baking

Christmas Baking
  I am just now getting around to showcasing the baking, cooking, mixing....we did in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
Sugar Cookies with Royal Frosting
  It is a mix of new challenges and old favorites.











    Lea's Banana Nut Bread
  • Sugar Cookies:  The sugar cookies were a new challenge.  My advice don't give up and it isn't as easy as it looks.  This was my 3rd try, and the only  ones good enough to take a picture of.  I did however find a wonderful new blog to follow in the research  www.sweetopia.net . She has great recipes, tips, and encouragement.  Go check her out.
Ghiradelli Fudge
  • Lea's Banana Nut Bread:  The banana nut bread is an old favorite at our house.  My tip is freeze your brown bananas throughout the year, and I like to make the mini loaves.  This recipe can be found here.Lea's Banana Nut Bread
  • Ghiradelli Fudge: This season was my first attempt at fudge.  I made it twice, the first time was better (not shown), but this one was good and popular at a party.  The recipe calls for white chocolate with minimal bittersweet.  On my first attempt, I did mostly bittersweet with a touch of white chocolate, this was my family's preferred version. Click here for the recipe.
  • Flanigan's Seasoned Pretzels:  One of my family's favorites, and they are great anytime of year.  They are nice to have around for last minute gifts, just package them in a cute tin. This recipe can be found here. Flanigan's Seasoned Pretzels 
  • Flanigan's Seasoned Pretzels
  • Almond Bark Pretzels: No recipe here, we just had leftover almond bark.  My son spread pretzels in a pan, drizzled almond bark, and sprinkled them.  The almond bark was left over from another recipe and we didn't want to waste it.

Almond Bark Pretzels










Have a Great Day
Lori

Disclaimer:  I have no intention of misrepresenting any of the recipes above.  I have given credit to those who shared with me.  If the recipe is yours, by all means notify me immediately so that I may give proper credit.


Comments