Pinterest Pillows

I pinned the tree skirt below from pinterest, 
and used it to inspire a seasonal pillow for my mom.  The pattern is compliments of Joann's, and you can find it by clicking here.  This was a simple and easy project.  I enlarged the poinsetta pattern, by taking a print screen and pasting it into word.  I had the beads and the felt already.  I didn't do the center piece the joann pattern called for but layered and sewed them based on this burlap image I found on pottery barn (click here for that link).  I loved how it turned out, and hope my mom enjoys it when she opens it this weekend.


My other pinterest pillow was this picture pillow.  All over pinterest there are printing on fabric tutorials.
I read them all, so I don't have a particular site to reference.  Some say to run freezer paper through the printer, others say run wax paper through the printer.  Well I did option 3:  I pressed my fabric and then used spray adhesive to attach it to an 81/2 by 11 sheet of paper.  After the adhesive dried, I just printed it.  It turned out well, but of course you are limited in size and I probably will never revisit it.  My mother-in-law, whose present it was, was very happy with it.

Keep Pinning
Lori


Comments