Spirit Shirts

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!

Well it is that time again at our house.  This year I have one in middle school and one still in rec, throw in my daughter's activities and all we are doing is driving around.  Know what I mean?

R and I had an evening to ourselves one night when all the boys were at football.  We thought it was time to create some spirit shirts.  I had an XL mens shirt that was thrown out at half time last year, and R had one of her older brother's old school spirit shirts.  So we explored pinterest and got busy.
Before
 After, back and front
The shirt started big and boxy, we trimmed like this:
Then we just rolled the top and 3/4 to an inch and did a straight top stitch.  I had some cording laying around that I fed through and then tied on one shoulder.  When we were done it still was boxy.  My daughter typically uses a pony to cinch up boxy shirts.  This time I just folded them over in the back and top stitch at the hem. Viola!
Thanks to this blog (here) for the great tutorial.
Now mine, didn't think I could pull off the tank maybe 25 years ago.
 Before and After
I trimmed the arms and sewed right sides together.
 I gathered the bottom (so it was snug around the waist) and gradually sewed to the armpit.  Again right sides together.
I was not going to do anything with the neck, but it didn't look right.  Therefore, I trimmed the neck, making a bigger hole and giving the "flashdance" feel.
I got my instrucitons from this great blog (here).
Show Your Spirit
Lori

Comments