Lace It Up!

My second attempt at a lace shirt, LOVE IT!  My last attempt at a lace shirt turned out, hmmm okay. You can see it here.  I think it looks better in the picture then in real life.  This shirt is the opposite. I was at Wal-mart the other day and ran across this cute stretchy lace. I bought a yard (wish I had bought a little more since it was only $1). I knew right away what I wanted to make.
 This was my inspiration, a shirt from target I bought a couple weeks ago for $4.  I liked the slouchy flash dance look, and the idea that that I didn't have to do seperate sleeves.
I have a roll of newsprint that is great for pattern making.  I laid the shirt out to get the shape, and then cut it in half and made the front and back neckline.  I put my pattern pieces on the fold, utilizing the selvage as the bottom hem.  I sewed the sides and top together, then cut some cuffs for the sleeves, again utilizing selvage so I didn't have to create a hem.
 I used scraps to create the neckline.  I just cut them about 2 inches thick and sewed them together, folded them in half and sewed them to the neck.  I know there is a special way to create that (on the bias), but I have not researched and just gambled.
I love the way it turned out, just stretchy enough.  It didn't photograph well, and I am not sure the color is for me.  But, I think I will wear it a lot, especially with my new scalloped shorts.
 I thought it was cute with or without a belt.
braided belt here
scalloped shorts coming soon
Love hearing from you all, and thanks for visiting.
Lori






Comments